For Immediate Release
Show Your Home Some Love!
31ST-ANNUAL SPRING HOME/GARDEN SHOW RETURNS TO DEL MAR FAIRGROUNDS MARCH 4, 5, 6, 2016
Del Mar, California—Now in its 31th year, the Spring Home/Garden Show returns to Del Mar Fairgrounds for a three-day extravaganza of inspiring real “Garden Masters” landscapes (created exclusively for the Show), hands-on demonstrations, hundreds of home-improvement products and services exhibitors, educational seminars, plant sales, and face-to-face consultations with top experts—all with the convenience of one-stop shopping for everything pertaining to home and garden, inside and outside.
The Show focuses on San Diego-area experts, services, products, and businesses. Visitors find everything they need to save time and money improving, refreshing, or remodeling their home and outdoor surroundings—from the latest in appliances to garden lighting, from fencing to security systems, from baths to sunrooms.
In addition to a huge main hall where hundreds of exhibitors showcase the newest products and hottest trends, all at special low show prices, the show offers several unique home and garden features (included in admission) that provide extraordinary added value. These truly set the Spring Home/Garden Show—now in its 31th year—apart from all imitators:
- “The Garden Masters”—Great landscapes (using local plants and products) designed by San Diegans FOR San Diegans—A JURIED COMPETITION. Tour the largest and best collection of display gardens created expressly for any weekend expo. Enjoy 15 theatrically lit full-scale gardens installed for this year’s Show by professional landscape architects, designers, and contractors. These gardens are judged by a distinguished panel and honored in several categories. The competition is fierce! Meet the Designers throughout the show and discover San Diego County’s wealth of local talent and landscaping resources.
- Don’t miss seeing an amazing ancient tree…alive! Featuring the knarled trunk and carefully sculpted, bonsai-like tuffs of a Sevillano olive tree salvaged years ago from a historic European orchard, one of the world’s most picturesque and unusual home landscapes will be on display this year in “The Garden Masters” exhibit.
“Ask The Experts” features organizations such as the Association of Professional Landscape Designers (A.P.L.D.), as well as representatives from city building departments, Master Gardeners, San Diego Horticultural Society, and many more. Each organization’s experts will be staffing consultation lounges and other areas at the show. Consultations are complimentary.
“30 for 30” Landscape Designers from APLD offer 30-minute Personalized Design Consultations for a special show price of $30 per consultation. This is your opportunity to kick start your garden remodel, or polish a space that’s almost there! Design consultations are available in the Designers’ Lounge located on Designer Lane, just inside the show’s main entrance.
- “All About Gardens” and “The Garden Marketplace”—Shop at a grand nursery of the freshest plants for sale direct from San Diego-area garden and non-profit plant societies, specialty growers and wholesalers–at low show prices. Enjoy free seminars and face-to-face meetings with some of San Diego’s top garden experts; gain priceless hands-on knowledge for your home projects, from landscaping to vegetable gardening and fruit trees.
- Bargains! The Spring Home/Garden Show is a home and garden shopper’s paradise. Special pricing is a big attraction for any homeowner looking for deep one-time-only savings. The Marketplace is also an ideal opportunity to easily arrange for multiple bids on any home project, be it shutters, doors, windows, skylights, or hundreds of other essentials. Save TIME and money!
- More experts! Other professional, amateur and civic organizations participating in the Show include: City of San Diego Building Department; San Diego Horticultural Society (SDHS); Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD); California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA);
Show hours—Friday, March 4, 11am-6pm; Saturday, March 5, 10am-6pm; and Sunday, March 6, 10am-5pm For more information visit: www.springhomegardenshow.com.
# # #
About Westward Expos (www.springhomegardenshow.com): Founded in 1985 in San Diego, Westward Expos produces both the Spring Home/Garden and Fall Home/Garden shows, San Diego’s leading show producer, Westward Expos can be reached at 858-350-3738. For information on how to participate in the Spring Home/Garden Show, contact Michael Evans at this number or firstname.lastname@example.org.